Thursday, July 17, 2008

The nursery is almost complete...

...just a few more items to come in, and the nursery will be furnished! The rug, lampshade and basket liners are being shipped this very moment, and we ordered the most adorable glider today (which won't get here until we're back from our trip, but I decided it's worth the wait). It's so much fun to see his sweet little room coming together...just makes us more and more ready for him to get here. I promise to post pics of the nursery once the RH shipment comes in next week; the room will still be glider-less and will have bare walls, but you can at least get an idea of how it's coming along. :) We love it!

And the house is coming along as well. Everything except our bedroom and the game room have been painted, and the master bedroom has at present 7 different shades of blue/grey on the wall, so hopefully it will get painted soon. :) (I tell you, picking the paint color is more than half the battle!) We still don't have anything on the walls, but my mom and dad are coming to visit next weekend so I'm hoping to put Mom's amazing decorating skills to work in that department - she has quite the knack for wall arrangments that I unfortunately did not inherit! And we are "trying out" an area rug for the living room until Saturday; we have it narrowed down to two rugs that look very similar, so once we decide on which one we like in our house, the living room will look more put together.

Matt thinks it's funny how I tell him after every shopping excursion just how much money I saved him due to my bargain shopping. He says that buying and saving are opposite things, so how can I be saving him money by buying more stuff?! Ahhh...men... I have to brag, however, on my latest and greatest bargain find... :) I stopped by Marshall's yesterday and found the softest, silkiest, 400 thread count sheet set for a whoppin'....are you ready?.....$30!! The SAME sheets that I had just bought at Bed Bath & Beyond for $80!! I was so ecstatic that I bought two sets! When I got home I immediately told Matt my incredible find, stating that I had saved $20 and yet purchased twice as many sheets - amazing! He was a little befuddled at how I had saved him money by spending money, but girls, I know you know what I'm talking about! So there you go, my bargain find of the week. If you're in need of soft sheets for a great price, head no further than your local Marshall's!

And with that tip, I'm now going to go feed my precious baby, whose new trick of dancing on my bladder definitely gets my attention a little quicker these days. ;)