Monday, May 11, 2009

Dedication Day

This past Sunday was a very special day. Not only was it Mother's Day, but it was also my dedication day at church! For those of you not familiar with baby dedications, this was the day that my parents dedicated me to the Lord and dedicated themselves to raising me according to God's Word. Dad was dedicated on Mother's Day 28 years ago, and both my Grandpa (now known as "Poppi") and my Papa Jack were able to pray over me during my dedication, so this was a very special day for our whole family!




Somehow Poppi didn't make it into any of the pictures. I guess he was just too busy preaching in all three services to come hang out with us in the foyer and take pictures! :) I'll have to remind Mom to get some good pics of me and him sometime soon!
And these are some of my friends from church - aren't we a good lookin' group of boys? From left, Caleb just turned one, Anson turns one this weekend, Christian is seven months old and was also dedicated on Sunday with me, Lincoln will be one this weekend, and of course I'm five months old. We have two newborn baby girls in our class, and I have to tell you...with the five of us boys, those gals are going to be hot commodities!


Though being closest to their age, I think my buddy Christian and I have the lead in that race. :)

Mom and Dad's prayer is that God will nurture in me a tender heart and resolute will to understand and achieve God's purposes for my life. They also pray that I will develop an unyielding faith, a hunger for the things of God, and a desire to seek Christ first and foremost in every area as I become the man God has destined. A verse they want me to keep close to my heart is Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."