Monday, July 13, 2009

Beginning to move...

This past weekend I figured out that if I get up on my arms and push...
I can move backwards!

Which means that I can scoot myself all the way into a corner, and then I just call out for Mom or Dad to come get me. :)

Mom says this is the very beginning of me learning how to crawl. Forward, of course.

Being able to move around the room gives me a whole new perspective on things. Even lint is pretty incredible if you look at it for a while.

Now that I know what my arms can do, I just need to figure out how to get my legs to help me move, too!

Though really, at the end of the day, rolling around seems to work just fine!

I'm also perfecting another developmental milestone these days - the pincer grasp - which means I'm working on moving and picking things up using my thumb and pointer finger.

That's it for this seven-and-a-half-month-old! See ya 'round!