Sunday, August 15, 2010

3 months old!

Our sweet Emily is three months old! To commemorate the occasion I interviewed the quarter-birthday girl to see how life has changed these past three months...

Me: Happy 3 months, baby sis! How does it feel to be a quarter of a year old?
Em: It feels great! I'm settling into a routine and getting a lot more sleep at night. And I LOVE my swing.

Me: That's great, Em! I hear you're sleeping 9-11 hours at night. Is that really true?!
Em: It is. And I get to move upstairs to my nursery next week!
Me: Oh, I heard - can't wait! You and I are going to P-A-R-T-Y like it's 1999 (whatever that means). So what else is going on in your 3 month old world?

Em: I'm starting to interact with my world more...talking to you and the cute little animals that hang out with me in the bouncer and activity mat.
Me: Yeah, isn't Freddy the Frog just great? Good guy. What else?
Em: I'm weighing in at 13.5 pounds, which explains the double chin and accumulating rolls on my thighs. According to my friend, Aaron, in the church nursery this morning, rolls are definitely "in" this season.

Me: Ah. Good to know, sis. You know you're going to have to keep me up to date with all of the latest trends.
Em: No prob, Bob. I'm here for ya. That's what fashionista sisters are for.

Me: And speaking of the church nursery, how does it feel to be out and about?
Em: I'm loving it. That double stroller is pretty awesome, don't you think? And I'm having fun getting to know all of your good-lookin' friends on our playdates. (smile)
Me: Now don't be getting any ideas there, Emily...
Em: Just giving credit where credit is due, bro.
Me: Moving on... Any final thoughts you'd like to add?
Em: I'd like to give a shout-out to my birthday buddies, Rebecca (pictured below) and Presley, who also turned 3 months old this past week! Can't wait to catch up with you girlies soon!! :)

Me: Well, Em, it's been a pleasure chatting with you. Have a great nap, and we'll play soon. Love ya, baby girl.
Em: Love you, too! Ciao!