Monday, February 6, 2012
3 years and 20 months...
It's hard to believe that Jude is already three years old and Emily is nearly two. Time. Flies. For the record....
Jude weighs 37 pounds (85th %) and is 38 inches tall (55th %). He is looking less and less like my baby boy and more and more like my little guy. He still has the sweetest spirit and a truly compassionate heart, and I love hearing him pray for his family members and friends both at bedtime and various other times throughout the day. His laughs are infectious, his hugs warm, and his love for reading and learning is precious to this teacher. Although this year is definitely proving to be the toughest in the area of discipline and swift obedience, he is {usually} quick to repent and the "good" days still outnumber the "tough."
Emily is 27 pounds (75th %) and 19 inches tall (79th %). And she is our adventurous one! She loves doing, doing, doing and going, going, going all day long. Not much for watching TV, she'd rather be playing hide & seek, feeding her baby doll, sorting tupperware, helping me cook, or emptying out the toy baskets. She definitely keeps me busy! A competetive side of her is also coming out these days, and if big brother Jude can do something...so can she! :) She loves to laugh, is saying new words all the time, and gives the sweetest kisses.
Our days and weeks seem to fly by, and I know they won't be this little for long; so I'm doing my best to enjoy each and every moment. Taking a break from my "to do" list to go play outside. Leaving the dishes in the sink and playing a game of "Memory" instead. Reading just one more story. {And then one more.} I am so blessed to be at home with them. And I know it. :)
.jpg)