It's hard to believe our little Benjamin has passed the half-year mark! Matt and I say almost daily to each other that he really is the easiest and most content baby. He is so joyful, friendly, and EASY. As long as he's fed, rested and in sight of at least one person, he's good to go! He has constant entertainment from Emily and Jude and adores, adores, ADORES them. {And they adore him right back.} I love his still-toothless grin, precious giggles, and dancing eyes. If I could keep him this exact age forever...I just might. He's pretty near perfect and has this mama's heart!
At his six month appointment on July 29th he weighed 15 pounds, 7 ounces (11th %), measured 25.75 inches long (10th %), and was as healthy as can be! Something tells me he's going to be moving up on the growth charts, though - these legs just don't seem to be in the 10th percentile to me anymore...
He easily rolls both from his tummy to back and from his back to his tummy, and his upper body gets stronger each week {which makes tummy time much more fun these days!} He's our first side-sleeper, and he has finally settled into a nap routine - hallelujah!! He typically takes a 1-2 hour nap in the morning and a 1-3 hour nap in the afternoon. Figuring out a schedule has been more difficult with Ben than with the other two, and their new school schedule isn't going to make that easier, but I'm doing my best. Sometimes I feel guilty that he doesn't get the luxury of a consistent schedule like his big brother and sister had. But then I remind myself that he has incredible blessings from having a big brother and sister, and hopefully it all evens out in the end!
As for food...he loves it. His bottles don't have to be warm - room temp is fine - and neither does his cereal. {Did I mention he's pretty easy?} He eats a bowl of baby oatmeal and fruit {applesauce, prunes, bananas, pears, and peaches are all favorites} in the morning; and then he usually will also have a vegetable in the afternoon. He's not as crazy for veggies as he is for fruit, so I often will mix his veggie (sweet potato, peas, carrots, squash) with applesauce; then he gobbles it right up! He also still nurses 4-5 times {every 3-4 hours} during the day.
For the record books... he's in size 3 diapers, size 6-9 month clothing, enjoys playing in the exersaucer, and is so very, very cuddly. This week he's been waking up around midnight just needing some extra cuddles {possibly teething?} and I can honestly say I really don't mind it. That's just how absolutely, cherry-on-top scrumptious his cuddles are. This boy is a toe-headed, blue-eyed pure delight, and we love, love, LOVE him to the moon and back!