Friday, August 21, 2009

First Road Trip!

Last week I took my first road trip to Oklahoma!

Mimi, Mom and I drove up and stayed for a week with Papa Jack's parents, my great-grandparents!

Pops and I spent every morning together, since he's an early riser like me. :)

And I sure did love Grandma's cuddles!

I really perfected my standing skills on the trip and even took a few baby steps around the table.

Aunt Summer gave me a cool mohawk style, too!


And Uncle Seth told me that one day I'll have a ride just like this.

Mom says no trip to Oklahoma is complete without a visit to Mid-Del Taco. Yum!

Mom and her friend, Kristen, grew up eating there and still love taco dogs!

Kaylee and I really hit it off, too! :)
I was also introduced to another of Mom's OK favorites - Braum's Ice Cream. We hung out with Tara and Baby Macie while we had our ice cream. Correction: while Mom had her ice cream!


I also met my great-aunt, Jill...
...and a few of Mom's cousins. Brooke and Baylee really cracked me up!


My great-grandparents from Shawnee (Dad's grandparents) also came by for a visit.

It was great to see them again!


And Uncle Seth and Aunt Summer got to see me cut my first tooth while I was there!!
Aren't I a happy teething boy? :)

On the way back home we stopped to have lunch with Vaune and Luke - yay!
Mom and I also had a fun playdate with her Edmond girls and their sweet kids, but she forgot to take pics. At least the memory will always be there!
It was a GREAT road trip, and I hope we can go back to visit soon. After all, deep inside I'm a Sooner Baby!