Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Praise at 38 weeks!

Praise God for His answer to our prayers! Yesterday Mom and Dad arrived at the hospital to do the external version, and when the doctor did the ultrasound to confirm baby girl's exact breech position.....they were all shocked to discover that my baby sister had flipped to the head-down position all on her own!!! Thank you to everyone who prayed for this exact thing to happen; now we can just sit back and relax (preferably with Mom's feet propped up) and wait for her to make her grand appearance. :)

And speaking of that grand appearance... It looks like it could be any day (although I say that with MUCH caution, since I myself waited the full 41 weeks to arrive)! :) Mom is dilated 2cm, her cervix is ripe and 75% effaced, and the baby is at a -2 station. The doctor told Mom and Dad yesterday that everything is looking great and my baby sister could come as early as this week. Wouldn't that be terrific?! I guess it's all a waiting game now...
And as for me, I'm doing pretty great. I had a quick trip to the ER on Sunday; for some reason my left leg just didn't want to bear any weight, which meant I couldn't walk or stand at all, so I had to have some x-rays done. Thankfully nothing is broken, and I started walking again yesterday afternoon. Apparently it was nothing more than a sprained muscle - whew!

Hope you have a beautiful day!