Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy half-birthday!

Guess who is six months old? Me!
And with half a year behind me, I've decided to let my voice be heard! I'll be writing my own share of posts now, so stay tuned for my own wit and flavor to this already rockin' blog!

On Friday (my official half-birthday) I had my first taste of solid food. Mom dolled me up for the occasion in a fabulous bow she made herself. How cute am I?!


First I tried plain ol' rice cereal. Bite #1...

Bite #2...


Come on, Mom. This stuff tastes like a cardboard box.

And you're telling me I have to eat this every day?

Wait now... What's that I see? Is that next bite of cereal tinted with a bit of the color orange?

Okay, now that's better! Let's be sure to add sweet potatoes to that cereal from now own.



And for the record books, here's a quick summary of my life at six months old:

  • A typical day consists of waking up around 7am, napping three times a day, nursing every 3 to 3.5 hours, playing with my favorite person in the whole world (Jude) as much as possible, and going to bed between 7-8pm.
  • I weigh 15lb. 14oz. (50th %) and am 26.5 inches long (75th %), so still long and lean!
  • I'm in size 2-3 diapers and wear 6-9 month clothes.
  • I've perfected rolling over from tummy to back and am oh-SO-close to rolling over from back to tummy.
  • If within reach, I can grab my pacifier and put it back in my mouth. (Mom and Dad said this is a GLORIOUS milestone!)
  • I love to jump and am really enjoying the Jumperoo!
  • I am the happiest and most content baby. Ever. Dad's just waiting for Dr. Karp to call and declare me "THE Happiest Baby on the Block."
  • I adore my world, and my world adores me right back. Life. Is. Good.