Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ages & stages

Life has been so busy these days trying to keep up with the energy of J and E, and I've gotten SO behind on recording the ways they're both growing and changing.  So tonight I want to take a moment just to sit here and write down a few things that I absolutely want to remember about my sweet children at their current ages...

Jude
  • 3 and 1/2 years old ~ size 3T and 4T ~ 38 pounds
  • His sweet smile and big brown eyes completely melt my heart!
  • All boy ~ loves to be rowdy, wrestle, jump on and off any piece of furniture, and be with "the guys."
  • Relishes bedtime storytime {and all of the cuddles that come with it!}
  • Is starting to ask questions about God and heaven often...
  • Is still very much drawn to "techie" toys: iPad, iPhone, computers, anything with a remote control
  • Says THE cutest phrases and often repeats phrases he's heard adults say.  A few of my favorites lately are:
  • (At dinner) "Mommy, would you like to say the prayer today?"
  • "Is everything alright in here?"
  • "Mommy, I'll just be in my room.  Let me know if you need anything."
  • "So Emme, are you excited about having a new baby in the family?"
  • "I don't really like bath time."  (Me: Why not?)  "Mommy, that's just the way it is."
  • "So tell me, Mommy.  Are you eating that for the baby?" (Me: Well, yes, Jude.  I guess I am.  We want the baby to be big and strong just like you!)  "But I want the baby to be LITTLE, not big!" 
  • "So Dad, how was your day today?  Did you count numbers again?"
Emily
  • 2 years old ~ size 3T ~ 30 pounds
  • Loves to laugh, play and have fun!
  • Super affectionate and gives hugs and kisses randomly and often {which I love!}
  • A "people-person," always wanting to be with someone else ~ reading with me, playing with Jude, big-time playing with her daddy.
  • Says "thank you" for everything and is learning to say "please."
  • Loves, loves, loves the TV show Caillou.  It's about the only show she will actually sit down and watch!
  • Very emotional and has numerous "meltdowns" each day.  {Matt isn't quite sure what to think of it all, but I assure him it's simply proof that Emily is indeed a girl!}
  • Loves to play with her dolls, rock her dolls, feed her dolls, and put them to bed.  So sweet.
  • Her verbal skills are exploding, and she often speaks in 3-4 word sentences!  Some of my favorite things she says right now are:
  • "Mommy, I scared."
  • "Da-ee (daddy) ate my food!"
  • "Jude, pay wif me."  (play with me)
  • "Good mor-ing, Mommy!"
  • "Tank you, Mommy."  (thank you)
  • (Me: Emme girl, why didn't you take a nap today?) "I pay wif baby, Mommy."  (And indeed, she had been playing in her crib with four of her baby dolls for nearly two hours straight!)
  • She also sometimes makes the "h" sound for words beginning with the letter T, which is adorable ~ "hummy" for tummy, and "hama" for Thomas (the train)

I can't imagine how busy life is going to be when this sweet new baby enters the picture, but I know it's going to be a precious time and am excited for Jude and Emily to have another sibling to play with and love on.  They already love each other SO much, and it's exciting to imagine even more love and cuteness going around!