Friday, August 10, 2012

17 weeks and growing...

Here it is ~ the debut of bump #3 at 17 weeks...


Only three or four more weeks until we find out if we're having another bouncing boy or lovely girl, and I am ready to know.  I have no earthly idea how we were going to go my entire pregnancy with Emily not knowing her gender.  This time finding out is a no brainer!  I'm excited to start getting the nursery ready, washing and organizing tiny little baby clothes and calling this sweet baby by name.  {Although the rest of the world will have to wait until the birth to hear his or her precious name.  You didn't really think we'd end that fun tradition, did you?!}

I'm also ready to start feeling baby's first kicks.  At our last ultrasound a few weeks ago we were told that I have an anterior placenta, meaning the placenta is at the very front of my belly.  This is a very normal place for it to be, although it's new to me, and it means that I may not feel those first kicks as early as usual because the placenta will act as a buffer between the baby's feet and my belly.  I know, however, that in a few weeks this little one will be kicking all over the place...and no doubt I'll feel it then in all sorts of places!

And as for cravings... My only true craving so far has been sausage balls.  As in those delicious morsels of sausage, cheese and bisquick that my mom made for us every Christmas morning growing up.  The funny thing is that I've kind of assumed all along that this little one is a girl because of the terrible nausea I had in the first trimester.  It was very reminiscent of my first trimester with Emily and not at all like my pregnancy with Jude.  But now that I'm craving a protein over sweets...I'm double guessing myself!  Guess this next ultrasound really will be a fun surprise for us all!