...and yet no progress. :( Apparently our little guy is very content in there and has no desire to come out right now. Well, at least not today! I'm still dilated 1cm, still 50% effaced, and his little head is still not quite wedged into my pelvis. So the pregnancy continues... I'm getting quite uncomfortable these days - between the back soreness, contractions, baby's bottom up in my ribs, tingly arms and legs, and numerous bathroom stops - so I was really hoping all of the discomfort was at least leading us closer and closer to his delivery! Which I guess it is in a way. I mean, I'm definitely closer to his arrival that I was last Thursday, so at least THAT'S improvement! :)
Today his heartbeat was 140, and the doctor estimated his weight to be right at seven pounds. When she felt my belly she said I was "all baby," so that made me feel good! (I'm sure she realizes we pregnant gals need all of the encouragement we can get, haha!) She said he's growing about half a pound a week, so if he comes on his due date he'll be around 7.5 lbs, and if we have to induce at 41 weeks he'll be closer to 8 lbs. Let's pray he comes on his own!!
We did talk about induction, and she said that unless my cervix gets really "ripe," she won't induce me until 41 weeks (which would be the weekend after Thanksgiving). She said that at this point I'm not very "inducable," and would have a very high chance of ending up with a c-section. Which isn't a terrible situation, but also not the most desirable... So we'll continue to wait for our little guy to decide when is the best time for him to come out and meet us. :)
It looks like our house is going to be all ready in about 10 days, so the silver lining to me STILL being pregnant (haha) is that maybe it will be finished before his precious arrival. That's what I'm focusing on right now at least!