Friday, November 21, 2008

D-Day is nearing...

We had another doctor's appointment yesterday. Still 1cm dilated, still only 50% effaced, but the baby's head is engaged now, which is improvement. I saw a different doctor, since my doctor is on vacation until Sunday, so on Monday morning I'll have one final appoinment with my regular doctor. (Unless, of course, the baby comes this weekend....you know, when he's due!)

At yesterday's appoinment the doctor I saw offered to sweep my membranes (which if you don't know, is a natural way to induce labor; it works about 50% of the time). When it works, the mom usually goes into labor withink 24 hours. Since the baby dropped a couple of days ago, I'm in a LOT of pain and have succumbed to total bedrest; so the offer to possibly speed things up was VERY appealing. But I just didn't have a peace about doing it. (Am I crazy?!) If it worked my doctor would be out of town and our home would definitely not be ready for us after leaving the hospital. Soooo we decided to leave it up to God this weekend. And if he's not here by Monday, then we'll have my doctor do the procedure; that way if it works she will definitely be there, and our home will definitely be ready for us to move back into. (For my former FLOCK friends, that Andy Stanley study we did - "What is the wise thing to do?" - kept playing in my head. Darn study!)

Of course I'm hoping that our sweet one will come this weekend on his own. :) But if he doesn't, then hopefully he'll at least be here by Thankgiving so my family can meet him when they come down for the holiday!

Our due date is 2 days away... A lot could happen between now and then... Keep all three of us in your prayers!