Sunday, December 14, 2008

Two weeks old!

Today I'm two weeks old! So far that means I can sleep less, eat more, and cry louder than I could two weeks ago. Mom and Dad are so proud. :) I'm also getting better at holding my head up, even though "tummy time" is not as much fun as I had hoped. Maybe once I can roll over it will be better!
I love, love, LOVE to be held. Day and night. Mom says I'm her little cuddlebug. I especially love watching ESPN with Dad!
Yesterday I got to meet my uncle Jon for the first time. He's great!! He got to see my true colors while Mom was changing my clothes, but then I settled down and he saw my softer side. I can't wait until I can join him and Dad in the annual holiday basketball game!

I also had my first playdate this week. Can you tell how much fun I had?! Christian's nine weeks older than me, so he obviously has a little more control over his emotions at this point than I do. My mom and his mom tell us we're going to be best buds soon, though, so I'm looking forward to that!

I also had my second visit to the pediatrician on Friday. I'm in the 50th percentile for weight, length and head size, and I was only one ounce away from my birth weight. (So close!) Mom and Dad really like my pediatrician because they say she reminds them of their friend Christina (who's also a pedi). All I know is she's friendly and fast - my kind of doc!

As you can see, I really like napping in my car seat. It's so warm and cozy, plus I can always keep one eye on Mom and Dad. My new thing is to sleep with one or both hands up - isn't it cute?

Of course nothing beats a good swaddle. And when I say a "good" swaddle, I mean a TIGHT swaddle! I'm a bit like Houdini when it comes to breaking out of those things, so Mom and Dad are quickly perfecting the ultimate swaddle! (You can see, though, my hands almost always make it back to my face.) :)
My Grandma Kathy came over every day this week to hold me. It was so much fun! And I'm really excited that my Mimi and Papa Jack are coming to see me on Friday. I'm such a popular kid!!