Thursday, August 21, 2008

27 weeks...

Only one more week until the third trimester begins! Our baby boy now weighs a little over two pounds (which means his weight has doubled in just four weeks), he's about 15 inches long, and his home is now the size of a basketball. He moves around constantly, which I keep telling him to do while he can, since I hear that in a couple of months he'll be too squashed in there to do much gymnastics at all. :) His kicks and punches are getting much stronger, too, and I'm starting to be able to detect whether it was a hand or a foot that just did the kicking. In fact this week he's started responding to my "gentle nudges" by kicking back - so amazing!

He is also getting plenty of exercise while we're here in NY, thanks to the glorious weather and lack of a car. :) Matt and I get up at 5:45am to exercise each morning, then we get plenty of exercise from all of the walking to and from places. I haven't been great about taking pictures of our trip so far, but starting tonight I will try to do better. We're actually going to see "Phantom of the Opera" tonight, and I'm so, so excited!