Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Isn't he handsome?!

Matthew started his new job this week, and my goal was to take a picture of him as he was heading out the door on his first day back to work....but then the camera battery died. So instead here's a pic of him when he got home that first day. :) Isn't he just the handsomest thing you've ever laid eyes on? Now I know that if he could, he'd wear khacki shorts, a polo shirt, and his leather flip-flops to work every day. But I have to admit, I like seeing him all dressed up like this! Lucky for him, he doesn't have to wear a suit every day...though with the gorgeous, crisp weather we're having up here today, he just mind not mind having a jacket on after all!

Which means that yes, we made it up here safe and sound...all three of us. :) The place we're staying in is great (very roomy for this city) and in a fabulous location, which means I don't have to take the subway much. Not that I mind the subway; last time I was up here, I actually loved the ease and convenience of it. The only thing is that in the summer it can tend to be 10-20 degrees warmer down there than up on the streets, and this preggo girl doesn't need any more extra heat this time around! But not to worry, I'm within walking distance of pretty much anything I'd want to do, so I'm happy. And getting plenty of fresh air and exercise. :) And speaking of fresh air, the weather up here has been really great so far! The highest it's been was 87 (which the weatherman called "HOT" - ha!), and the highs are in the mid-70's to lower 80's this whole next week. LOVE it!!

So far everyone has been really friendly, which I have to admit was a bit unexpected, seeing as I've never heard this state referred to as the "Friendly State!" But apparently all frowns go out the door when a mom-to-be walks in - on Monday I got a free drink upgrade at a pizza place since I was "getting it to go, and it's hot out there" (said the cashier); yesterday the Starbucks barista gave me a discount on my Vivanno since it was apparently "for the baby"; a complete stranger said "Congratulations!" while we were browsing through a store; and last night a street performer wished me an early "Happy Mother's Day" in case he didn't see me again in May! So my advice is if you want to see this city at it's friendliest.....come pregnant!!!