Sunday, August 3, 2008

Only two more weeks...

Well, summer has come and gone, and now sweet Matthew only has two more weeks left of his oh-so-wonderful, sure-to-be-the-last-for-a-long-while summer break! :) I have sooooo enjoyed him having this entire summer off; we've gotten so much done with the house, and we've had so much fun together exploring our new city, hitting Sonic happy hours, watching way too much cable TV (a new novelty for us), and sleeping in. It's been really relaxing, and though I know he's ready to be bringing home a paycheck again, I'm sure going to miss hanging out with him! Of course in just about 16 weeks I'll have a new guy to hang out with, and I'm sure he and I will have LOTS of lunch dates near Matt's office. :)



So speaking of the little guy... He's been very active this week, kicking and punching and rolling around. Last night I'm pretty sure I even felt (and saw) his elbow move vertically across my belly! Here's my 24 week pic, taken today after lunch. (For those of you who like to know, the baby's as long as a ear of corn, weighs just over a pound, and my uterus is now the size of a soccer ball - See, I'm already a soccer mom!)

We also survived our 7-hour childbirth crash course yesterday - yay! Neither one of us passed out during the videos AND the passing around of the epidural needle (which was completely unnecessary!), and we actually learned a lot. I'm so glad we chose the hospital we did, and it's unbelievable that in 16 weeks we'll be walking out of those doors with a precious, newborn boy!