Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fall is here!

It is officially autumn in New York! It is a crisp 70 degrees outside, the flip-flops are gone, lightweight sweaters are everywhere, and there's a buzz in the air. I love it! I sure hope that Houston has some of it's own autumn waiting for me when I get back home!


Speaking of home, I had a southern-style chicken sandwich and large sweet tea (courtesy of McD's) for lunch today; and though I'm a true Chick-fil-A fan, I have to admit that, in the absence of CFA, McDonald's chicken sandwiches and sweet tea are pretty great....especially in a city where sweet tea is pretty much non-existent. :) Then later I had the most wonderful chat with a woman from Memphis while we were waiting at a crosswalk. She saw my belly and just had to congratulate me, which gave away her sweet southern accent....which got us to talking (as southern women like to do!) She told me all about her two kids, how they grow up so fast and how I should cherish every moment with my own. Even though I've found New Yorkers to be surprisingly friendly, I have to say that it sure was nice talking with someone who sounded like me!