So after my fun weekend with Susan, I decided to take it easy for a couple of days with my feet up, the A/C on, and lots of TLC, Bravo, and The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. (Which, if you've never seen that movie, make sure to have some kleenex handy!) But yesterday afternoon I was ancy for some fresh air, so I decided to take a stroll towards Central Park. I didn't quite make it all the way to the park (though I did make it to the candy store I had hoped to again see!), and on my way back I came across the little deli pictured above.... Recognize it??? Located right next door to the Ed Sullivan Theater.... That's right - it's the Hello Deli made famous by the Letterman show! Yes, it's a real deli. And yes, Rupert is really the owner, not some actor paid by Dave. Anywho, I decided to stop in, get a drink, and take a picture with the now-famous Rupert:
As you can see from the picture of the outside of the deli, they were setting up for something that was going to happen on the street there. I'm picturing David having one of his assistants throw something off the roof to see how it lands... But who knows! :)