Thursday, October 9, 2008

34 weeks (tomorrow!)

Just when I thought I couldn't get any bigger... :)


(And as you can see, dark colors really are a little slenderizing, haha!)
  • Today Matt and I had our 34 week appointment, and as of today everything looks great and seems to be right on track. My belly/uterus measures 33cm top to bottom, I've gained a total of 29 pounds (must be all of those sweets I'm craving!), the baby's heart rate is about 130, and he's perfectly positioned for delivery: head-down! Yay! I told the doctor that I thought maybe he was head-up since I've been feeling something very round and hard beating up my ribcage, but she said that since he's head-down, I'm probably feeling his hard little bottom...which means I won't feel so bad gently nudging it to move anymore! :)
  • Today's appointment was a little different than usual as the doctor now had a checklist of things we needed to do. She double-checked that we've already registered at the hospital (done that!), wanted to know how the pediatrician search is going (great!), discussed circumcision (ouch!), and told us who/when to call once we think I'm in labor (aahhh!). I also got an email today telling me to start getting things together for my hospital bag. Guess it's getting close now!
  • Our house, on the other hand, isn't any closer to being finished than it was two weeks ago. Still waiting on the insurance check to get things started. We do get to go pick out all of the flooring this weekend, though, so that should be fun. I'm so anxious to get it all finished so we can start setting up all of the fun baby gear - the pack 'n play, swing, high chair, bouncer, etc. I figure we should give Dodger a head start on sniffing everything before the baby is actually in them! He has no idea how much his little life is about to change... :)