Friday, October 24, 2008

The countdown begins...

Today I am 36 weeks pregnant and exactly 30 days from our due date!!! Next Friday, Halloween, the baby will be full-term, and it's all just a waiting game from then on...

We had our 36-week appointment yesterday, which went great. I was tested for Group B Strep, and we'll get the results next week, as our doctor's appointments are now on a weekly basis. The baby's heartbeat was 160, which is quite a bit higher than it was two weeks ago, but she said that's still in the normal range so I'm happy. My blood pressure was actually down a little bit, so maybe he was just trying to make up the difference. :) And to give you an idea of how much the little guy weighs, he's about the weight of a crenshaw melon - almost 6 pounds.

For those of you who already have kids, I'm at that point now where my pelvic bone is moving to make room for the baby's delivery, so my pelvis, back, hips, and legs are all very achey these days. And the baby seems to know how to use his little arms and head to hit around inside that pelvis, hitting nerves and completely debilitating me at times! The doctor said those pains are normal and that this last month just had a whole lot of not-so-fun uncomfortableness. Guess it's God's way of getting me ready for delivery! (And it's also my body's way of reminding me that I will definitely need that epidural, lol!)

And the scripture for his nursery came in last night, so I'll be sure to post a pic of it up on the wall once I get it put up sometime next week!