35 weeks and an extra 31 pounds along...


The second pic's a few days old, but I wanted to show off the sweater my mom gave me for my birthday - isn't it cute?
So I've noticed a couple of things this past week as I'm approaching the last month of pregnancy (or less, if he chooses to make an earlier appearance)...
- Getting around is quite a chore. I am completely in awe of teachers who work up until their due date - I have no idea how! There's no way I could be on my feet chasing kids around all day long these days. I can barely make it up and down the stairs twice before needing a break.
- Okay. Once.
- My face has started to look a little more pudgy and tired in the last few pictures. Know why? Because the swelling is no longer contained to my feet, and well, let's face it, I'm pretty much always tired!
- Clean baby clothes are just about the cutest things in the world. For some reason I don't mind at all folding them. :)
- To a pregnant girl, there's really no such thing as too cold.
- The braxton-hicks contractions are starting to feel different. More like real contractions, perhaps? I should probably start freaking out soon about the whole delivery process, but in my mind I just keep saying the one word that gives me such peace. Ep-i-dur-al.
- We should have bought stock in the Kleenex Corporation. Pregnant women must have backup tear ducts that help out the regular ones when they've run dry because there's just no running out of tears!
- As the baby puts on 1-3 extra pounds this coming month, I realize my belly is going to have to expand even more to accomodate that growth. Is that really possible? My head says "yes." My belly, back, and pants say "are you kidding me?!"
- We've got a very squirmy baby. I can't wait to see him squirm on the outside. :)
- And even though our house and his things are in no way ready for our sweet little guy, we really can't wait to meet him. Really, really can't wait.